I have a feeling that 2026 is going to be a big one for wrestling. While we don't have the entire PLE list, this is what I do have.. and my expectations going into it. Let's talk about it!
-SNME (January, one week before Rumble): The thing about this... it's one week before the Royal Rumble in Saudi. I don't expect any major shocks for this to be honest.. I have a couple of ideas on who will be on the card... but it's hard to tell at this point. Because the Royal Rumble will be so big this year, I can't sit here and say there will be big moments for SNME but it is hard to think of and come up with surprises. I fully expect a tag team match, women's IC title match, and maybe even a small one on one match up to make up for anything too big. I can't see Cody and Drew going at it... again.... but who knows.
-January: Royal Rumble
This year is a different when it comes to the Rumble. The rumors have been insane and seeing that when tickets went on sale.. the "in line" wait was like over 600,000! I think we will see some major names come in (on both women's and men's) and I keep having this feeling we actually COULD see a major title change here. I think it would be refreshing overall, and a good shake up going into Mania season.
-February: Elimination Chamber
With last year being as big as it was, this one could top it as well. They will be in Chicago.. which makes me think something massive could happen with Punk. Could we actually see Bron take the title from Punk earlier in the year, and have Punk get his spot back at the Chamber? Then get his massive Mania moment winning the title back a few months later in April? This would be a hell of a shake up, and have people on their toes the rest of the year.
-April: Wrestlemania
While they are in the same location as they were last year, I have this feeling that this one might be bigger. The two night event is going to be talked about for a while if things plan out... Could we see:
-Bron Breakker win a title
-Punk have his big title win moment
-Bo Dallas/Uncle Howdy have his own Mania Moment
-Nikki Cross in action/win
-Bianca return/win against Jade
-Alexa Bliss join Wyatt Sicks
-Seth Rollins return
-Liv Morgan turn on Dom
-The Usos big win
-AJ Styles retirement match
-Chis Jericho retirement match
-Kevin Owens return/first match back
SO much going on that could have been last year, very much could be redeemed. Now remember, this things listed above are just rumors, personal thoughts, and things I have seen wanted by fans online. There is no truth to those listed, so please keep that in mind. Regardless, I feel like after January (or really after the 1st Raw of the year) we will have a better outlook to what will be shaping up for the year.
-Summer Slam
The more we get into the end of the year, the harder it does get to talk about what could happen. It's another 2 night event and if it's anything last this year.. we are in for a good treat. There has been multiple rumors that Brock will have a retirement match but that is not confirmed by any means. There is also rumor he could have one more run with a title before walking away as well. I have a feeling we will see a major title change here.. regardless if it's a main title, tag team, IC (men or women's) or US (men or women's). Could we even see a couple of good returns as well?
-Money in the Bank
This one throws me for a loop.. because we are use to having this right after Mania. But.. here we are in September with Money in the Bank. I thought that was pretty interesting. But.. here are my thoughts (for right now) who could be winning:
-Men's: Cody or Austin Theory (if returns)
-Women's: Rhea, Alexa Bliss, or Charlotte
I feel like Cody does lose before OR at Mania and this would be a great way to have him try to return to the title scene. While having the title off of Cody, this does give him the chance to move to another roster. If we do have Austin Theory.. he could be taken more seriously this run, and actually be able to win down the road. This could also take a very different take if the rumors are true.. and he is working for Seth. Could Seth be his downfall? Or would this be a way to help Theory and a turn? Kind of like how they did with Tiffy and Nia.
Rhea has never won the MIB, so this would be a big change for her.. all while keeping her off the title for a little longer. While Alexa Bliss has won the MIB before, it has been a while and I do feel it would be refreshing seeing that her character has had a bit of a change. Charlotte has also never held the MIB, and after her feud with Tiffy.. I think this would have the tables turn a bit. I would love to see it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now I completely understand that there is a good bit of things missing. There will be SNME throughout the year, we also have another PLE coming in that will be in Italy. That is yet to be announced, but from what I am understanding it will be in the summer. I'm guessing about May or June. Maybe Clash in Italy?
Like I have said before.. by the time (I OG said first week of Jan) but maybe 2nd.. week of January, we should know what direction they are going in. But.. as you already know, expect the unexpected.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Things I would (personally) love to see in 2026:
-Nikki Cross have a match
-Bo Dallas/Uncle Howdy win a title
-Bianca return
-Roxanne win a title
-The Usos not breaking up
-Chris Jericho return
-Liv Morgan turn on Dom
-Drew McIntyre win a damn title (for the love of God PLEASE)
-KO return
2026 is shaping up to be one hell of a year.
xoxo,
Chels
Comments
Post a Comment