What a run.
I'm not going to lie, when John Cena first debuted I didn't watch. It took a couple of years to find out who Cena was. And boy am I glad I did. Over the years, John Cena has broken down doors in wrestling, made us mad, sad, happy.. pretty much every single emotion in the book. But he changed wrestling in the best ways year by year.
I could go on and on about what I have loved and hated about Cena's 20+ year in ring career but it just wouldn't scratch the surface for me.
Last night was beautiful, and I'll get into that in just a moment...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's talk about this year alone. When John Cena talked about his final run this year, I didn't expect what we got at all. I pretty much expected WWE to kiss his ass, and let him run off into the sunset. I was SHOCKED out of my mind when he came in 2nd to Jey at the Rumble. I thought "GOOD... don't let him just come back in and win win win". But what came next was one of the shocking moments for me in wrestling. Everything that happened at the Chamber was insane.. the match itself, the win, and turning his back on Cody.
No one saw any of that coming, and it just was perfect to be honest.
I wish the overall win at Mania would have been better. I wish his heel run could have been more interesting, instead of confusing.
Regardless, I thought this year was good to Cena. I thought he wrestled some of the best, and even some that he wished to wrestle in his final run. The tournament was good, but.. once you saw Gunther come in.. you knew what was going to happen.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night was beautiful in so many ways. I thought that it was a wonderful showcase of NXT and TNA and it highlighted Cody, Bayley, AJ, and Dragon Lee as well. What I didn't expect was the emotion of it all. THE final time. The final time we would see Cena come out for his final match, the final time we would see Cena and Stu interact, the final time we would see John Cena wrestle in a WWE ring. I thought the match was wonderful as well. It showed love, strength, passion, hustle, loyalty, and of course respect. Gunther isn't the bad guy in this.. he did his job, and did amazing. John Cena tapped out, something that he hasn't done in 20 years. The ending was poetic and a "passing the torch" moment that most have seemed to miss.
John Cena has never been just about himself, especially in wrestling. Did you all think that was going to change? Gunther deserved the win. John Cena was happy to give it to him. Simple as that.
Those that are going back and forth.. screaming "F**K Triple H"... why? Because it isn't the way you wanted it to go? Because it wasn't how you booked it in your head? I'm almost positive that Cena was okay with his, and this was done in a way to respect everyone.
Like I said in my tweet before: If Triple H has made you crash out so bad... over this. I can't wait to see what he does next. Be mad.. STAY mad.
Thank you John Cena.
Thank you for all you have done for wrestling. Without it.. I might not have kept watching at some points.
JOHN CENA APPRECIATION POSTS:
If you haven't checked out my YouTube videos, please do! You can find them on my Twitter feed.
Be sure to check out Mouthing off With Mike at the link below! There you can check out all the wrestling fun and content! You'll also be able to see his John Cena post as well!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?si=v3xdZ-w3Cy8cg8uP&v=IZ2hxE_vqis&feature=youtu.be
His Twitter:
https://x.com/MOWM_Podcast?s=20
xoxo,
Chels
Comments
Post a Comment